Monday, January 9, 2012

We made it!


I wanted Paige's 1st Birthday party to be special to celebrate making it through a year full of so many wonderful and difficult things in Paige's short little life. We made it through finding out about her cleft, a long labor and birth, countless doctors appts, feeding issues; Ear Tube Surgery, Lip Surgery, more doctor's appts.; normal baby issues, new job, new home, new church, Palate Surgery and it was ALL worth it to have such a happy, smart, funny and beautiful child with such a unique personality, joy and love for this World. Thank you everyone who has supported us and prayed and truly lifted us up through it all. We are blessed. We hope year two is slightly less eventful.

We took these pictures when she was 11 months, a week before her palate surgery and 3 weeks before her first birthday. We weren't sure how good-natured she would be after the surgery and she would be wearing her No-no arm restraints. My good friend, Sara from  Banana Bugz Photography  took the one year photos.  Then I had Amanda from Paper Cut Couture Etsy Shop to design the invite using Sara's picture. 






Every Cowgirl needs a horse!

The Party...
With lots of help from family and friends, we created a fun cowgirl party just for Paige! I cut and sewed the fabric bunting.  My mother helped me create the "Happy Birthday" banner and cupcake toppers and signs on her Cricut. The font I liked the most was from the Storybook Cricut cartridge and the western shapes were from a variety of cartridges. The polka dot ballons and extra large balloon, paper straws and high chair ribbon banner were from Polka Dot Market.  I've ordered tissue poms from Pomtastic Etsy Shop a couple of times and she has alway done a great job.    The wood tags were made with a wood stain pen and a wood burner which is cheap and easy to do. You can look up other projects, pictures and pin ideas I used for the party on My Pinterest Board.


I like the bunting and tissue poms in the leafless trees











 

















No comments:

Post a Comment